• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I open Adobe Animate CC2017 project with Flash Pro CS3? (Backwards Compatibility)

Explorer ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been trying to find a way to export projects files for my colleagues in the university because they told me that they can't open the projects files I send them with Adobe Flash Pro CS3, I looked for some Backwards Compatibility tips but none is working, is there any solution that helps with this?

Best Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

It was CS5.5 when things changed. That version was made future proof, and you can still open Animate 2017 FLAs in CS5.5. If you have a CC subscription you can install CS6, that too can open Animate 2017 files, and it still is able to make AS2 FLAs.

If you really needed to get a file back to CS3 you would need to find a copy of CS5.5, open the FLA and Save As CS4. You would then need a copy of CS4 to do the Save As to CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was CS5.5 when things changed. That version was made future proof, and you can still open Animate 2017 FLAs in CS5.5. If you have a CC subscription you can install CS6, that too can open Animate 2017 files, and it still is able to make AS2 FLAs.

If you really needed to get a file back to CS3 you would need to find a copy of CS5.5, open the FLA and Save As CS4. You would then need a copy of CS4 to do the Save As to CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Colin, I will try that now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin Holgate

Thank you Colin once again for your solution, this was kind of boring process but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you managed to find CS5.5 and CS4!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also maybe get your colleagues to stop using a decade-old version of Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, they are still using windows 7 what upgrade are you talking about hahahah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Half the world is still using Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines