• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.10 doesn't recognize USB mini-B input...

New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running macOS El Capitan. I installed Lightroom 6.10 over Lightroom 6.1. Now two of my older cameras which have USB Mini-B ports are not recognized and cannot import photos. Later cameras with newer USB ports are recognized. Lightroom 6.1 running on El Capitan still recognizes both types. Anyone else experiencing this. I cannot find any reference to this problem online.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

mxbag  wrote

Incidentally, the older cameras have never appeared on the desktop or in finder in any version of LR.

OK, thanks for the clarification. It appears Nikon (and Canon?) may not have created an OS X driver for this camera model (ditto Canon IXUS 200?). Or they dropped driver support for older camera models and the original driver no longer works with newer versions of OS X. See below link.

iMac doesn't recognize Nikon D90 in Finder

You can post this in the Photoshop Family forum as a 'Pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a conflict with Mac Photos auto-launching with these two older cameras. Follow the procedures (1 & 2) at the below link to turn off Photos auto-launch with the two older cameras.

How to stop Photos from auto-launching upon connecting an imaging device to your Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, in LR 6.1, Photos auto-launches, but, in LR 6.10, it doesn't. So, that does not appear to be the problem. I restored my OS to before I downloaded LR 6.10 and I am back in business. Thanks for the reply. Surprised more people are not experiencing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What models are the two cameras that LR doesn't recognize? Can you import these camera's images via USB using Finder with the latest OS X update? El Capitan killed LR tethering with numerous camera models so not unexpected it may affect import as well on some models.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon D90 SLR and Canon IXUS 200 (both around 5 years old). Both use the mini-B download port. My Sony RX100 III using the smaller USB 3.0 port is recognized. Since I have reverted back to LR 6.1 (still running El Capitan) all three are recognized. So, it may not be an El Cap problem as much as a LR 6.10 problem. Not sure LR 6.10 offers significant advantages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you're confusing me–What resolved the issue? You said:

Reply #2: I restored my OS to before I downloaded LR 6.10 and I am back in business. Thanks for the reply. Surprised more people are not experiencing this.

Reply #4: Nikon D90 SLR and Canon IXUS 200 (both around 5 years old). Both use the mini-B download port. My Sony RX100 III using the smaller USB 3.0 port is recognized. Since I have reverted back to LR 6.1 (still running El Capitan) all three are recognized. So, it may not be an El Cap problem as much as a LR 6.10 problem. Not sure LR 6.10 offers significant advantages.

Was it the El Capitan OS X update rollback or LR 6.10 to 6.1 rollback that resolved the issue? Could you download image files using USB direct connect from the older cameras using Mac Finder with the latest El Capitan OSX update (i.e. before rollback)? It's all in the details.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion.

1). About a week ago, I was running Lightroom 6.1 and macOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan) and everything was fine. All three of my cameras were recognized for downloading to LR. 2) I downloaded and installed LR 6.10. 3) My Nikon and Canon are no longer recognized, but the Sony is. 4) After trying several things, I decided to restore my system (using time machine) to the state right before I installed LR 6.10  so I am running LR 6.1 again-still with El Capitan 10.11.6. 5) All three cameras are recognized as before. So I really did not resolve the issue. I just reverted to an earlier state. Incidentally, the older cameras have never appeared on the desktop or in finder in any version of LR. I probably could have pulled the SD cards out of the cameras and read them, but I declined to do that. CONCLUSION: Lightroom 6.10 seems to be the problem. I hope this makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mxbag  wrote

Incidentally, the older cameras have never appeared on the desktop or in finder in any version of LR.

OK, thanks for the clarification. It appears Nikon (and Canon?) may not have created an OS X driver for this camera model (ditto Canon IXUS 200?). Or they dropped driver support for older camera models and the original driver no longer works with newer versions of OS X. See below link.

iMac doesn't recognize Nikon D90 in Finder

You can post this in the Photoshop Family forum as a 'Problem.' It may get some attention since you say it worked in LR 6.1, but not 6.10. Provide specific details as to camera models, OSX versions, and LR versions, etc. I also suggest putting the link in a reply to the post, which will help others who land here. Adobe staff monitor this site:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines