• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Bug] Group unlinked mask issue

New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a while searching how to report a bug, finally got here, hope I'm in a right place.

Try next:
1) Create few layers with some content on it. Anything on it to be clickable to select easy.

2) Create an empty Group.

3) Make a mask on that group. Any mask, even empty one.

4) Unlink mask.

5) Select mask.

6) Try to select any layer with Move Tool via Auto-Select.

As result, you get stuck. You cant select anything with Move Tool while current selection is on Unlinked Mask of a Group.

You have to deselect mask that mask to continue your work. And each time you just click on that group,

focus automatically jumps on layer mask, you have to link it back to prevent this issue.

And another problem is that Groups with mask, don't have selection rectangle as usually Layers and Masks have.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate here with CC2017.1 and Windows 10 but it is not limited to groups. Selecting any unlinked mask stops "Auto-Select of layers"

If you wish to raise a report you can do so at the link below  where it will be seen by Adobe staff. Ensure you include your system details.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, it should be like that, but it feels wrong, thank you for your time and reply.

And on groups problem is more accentuated caused by clicking it, automatically selects mask...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I can't say whether it should work like that - but it looks like it does on both our systems.

Whether by design or by accident, you can still raise it on the link I provided if you don't like that behaviour.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines