• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Actions speed up when PS isn't the active window

New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stumbled on this neat "feature" while I was working on a large batch of images. I'm using a fairly long action of approx. 150+ steps and the whole action takes about 20 seconds to complete, so naturally, I'm tabbing out to do other things while it's crunching. Turns out it's alot faster when you're not "looking", 14 seconds faster. Tried with multiple images and multiple runs (not different actions though).

I'm aware that Adobe are doing machine learning projects but I really wasn't prepared for PS to acquire the sentience of a employee that works slower when the boss is peeking over his shoulder.

Anyone else experienced this? I suppose there's a logical explanation but it feels kinda dumb that I have to tab out every time to work faster.

Windows 10 Home (Version 1607, 64-bit)

Photoshop CC 2017.1.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes when Photoshop does not have to updates is ui palettes and image it will run fasted for it has less to do. It why many actions and script toggle Photoshop palettes off when they are run  before using other features when their processing is done they toggle Palette back on.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines