Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorization problem

New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I cannot authorize a book bought in Wiley online. ADE user/password are correct. I can read the book if I do not authorize within Adobe but only in a single device.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get which error message if you try to authorize ade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can only authorize this device with an Adobe ID not previously used to authorize another device…." (see attachment)

Not tried to authorize in any other device...

Captura de pantalla 2017-05-03 a la(s) 06.34.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Close all applications.

Press WINDOWS + R.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Remove the Adept Folder.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize..

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your steps and now I cannot even read the document in the only device where I could read it.

Alternatives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must ask his reseller for a new file which are linked right with your adobe id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E_AUTH_NOT_READY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, you've approved it. Now what? I am trying to authorize my computer after downloading Digital Editions 3.0 so that I can purchase - and ready - books in the new ePub3 format. That error message is what I've received for the past 4 days! I've not done this before so am not sure what the protocol is now. Do I wait for someone to get back to me with a solution? Should I try the solution you gave to Roberto in an earlier message? If it doesn't work, how hard is it to put things back the way they were?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines