• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing option "Export Composition as Text Template"

New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After new update of AE, we lost option to export compositions as Text Templates. We found that was replaced by "Motion Graphics templates". That is nice feature, but we have over 200 different templates that are used in live production and we completely lost control over them by one update from Adobe. We cannot afford to create new workflow for the whole company because of one update. Usually Adobe support backward compatibility or moves old features to some "Legacy" menu, not this time. Is there ANY way, how to export compositions as .AECAP files in the new release of After Effects (2017 1.4.2)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

unfortunately No. you can rollback a build if you want to have it.

the new workflow runs over the previous one in quite a brute way. You can still of course still use the old aecap files and still use live text templates and enjoy the functionality of having a dynamic composition in Ae, while text modifications are done in premiere, but now there is no way to export aecap files and the functionality is preserved only for importing Aep compositions. This is of course different type of workflow be

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately No. you can rollback a build if you want to have it.

the new workflow runs over the previous one in quite a brute way. You can still of course still use the old aecap files and still use live text templates and enjoy the functionality of having a dynamic composition in Ae, while text modifications are done in premiere, but now there is no way to export aecap files and the functionality is preserved only for importing Aep compositions. This is of course different type of workflow because the Ae project file and assets are not in just one file.

As for the new motion graphics templates, due to a big weakness in the new workflow which I expressed here: Re: Breaking My Tools. 😞 , I prefer to stick with  working with live text templates and not motion graphic templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Roei. This is outrageous. We were preparing dozens of templates for daily use in our media organization. Now we can start from a scratch because latest update will be installed across the whole company 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sympathize.

maybe the best option is to not update the software just yet, or roll back a build if you already did. also bare in mind, I am just a user that is fed from the resources available to me here and other places, I am not a representative or aware of all there is to know about these changes and what Adobe had in mind or the proper workarounds. I would try to get an official Adobe response to this issue. maybe you should ask in the premiere forum too. from what I see being active in both forums, the traffic there is much higher in the motion graphic template/essential graphics panel issue (or any other for that matter) from users and Adobe representatives alike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roei
Adobe have worse and worse upgrade,,,  You removed very useful function thanks a lot
Your managers Incompetent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

denisa12903456 you might not be aware that I am just a user like yourself. the only difference is that my hobby to receive and offer information in the forums has taken over my life and got way out of hand. rest assured that if these were my managers and if I was in a working capacity in Adobe headquarters - they would hear my roar all across Seattle! (that's probably not true, I'd probably just be a yes man...yes Sir, remove aecap getting right to it Sir)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I thought you were in contact with Adobe .....
We write official fatigue on Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines