Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have a Macbook Air

Processor  1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Primarily I use a iMac on a day to day basis but was looking to install Adobe Suite so I can take my laptop if I need to go and meet clients. I am being told that it cannot install due to my system not being big enough spec...

Is there anyway around this, I have seen ssd card such as Jetdrive which are meant to increase the memory, would this work?

Just checking before I end up going out and buying a Mac Book Pro (I know these are far superior anyway but for the amount I use my laptop for design work I'd like to avoid if possible)

Thanks in advance for any advice/ workarounds.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Susanh1984 which Creative Cloud application are you planning to install?  You can find a list of the system requirements for the different applications at System requirements | Adobe Creative Cloud​.

I would recommend you upgrade your Mac OS to at least 10.10 to maximize your compatibility with recent Creative Cloud releases.  You may also need to install additional memory depending upon the program you would like to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm subscribed to the Adobe CC 2017 Package and just pay monthly so think it's the latest version. Will upgrade my operating system and go from there to see where I am at, thanks!

Not super urgent was just interested to know.

Thanks for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't be able to use Premiere Pro or After Effects on that machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only really needing Indesign, photoshop and illustrator on the air.

My iMac is fine for eveything else but currently cannot even install one of these on the air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! just wanted to see if you ever got CC on your air? I am in the same boat now-- where I use an imac for design work in my studio but need something portable for working with clients in the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sorry for the delayed reply... would love to know if anyone has a workaround as when looking into it I saw lots of people saying they were running these programs on Macbook Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As someone stated, your installed version of OSX is too old – it is now almost five years old – to even install any of the CC 2017 or "2018" versions of any of the CC apps. The most recent version of the CC apps that are compatible with OSX 10.9 was the 2015.x version. The newest version requires OSX 10.11 or later just to even install any of the apps at all.

And if that MacBook Air had never had any version of the CC desktop app installed before now, it's too late unless you've updated the OS to 10.11 or later: The currently available version of the CC Desktop app requires OSX 10.11 or later, and none of the versions of the app that were compatible with 10.9 are available any longer anywhere. (The CC 2015.x apps are still available for the most part, but you can't install them at all on your MacBook Air if the currently available version of the CC Desktop App isn't compatible with your currently installed version of OSX.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines