• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change the time in a clock

Engaged ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello..this is the occasion i can go foward in learbibg some AE best possibility

in this scene i would like to change the time of the clock

it shoould state 7 ubnstead 6 59 some secons before, in synch with the alarm

the clock is used in other scenes so either should not be drastically change either i need to change it everywhere

here is the clip

http://www.counseloraroma.net/Giuliasveglia.mp4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

this is the workflow:

I would first stabilize the clock. use the tracker and choose stabilize motion

apply the data to the footage. now when the shot is not moving, I can cut the shot and place the 07:00 back above the current clock.

055.gif

I would duplicate another copy of the footage so I will the 07:00 to continue through the duration of the whole shot

to make things organized, I would precomp (like premiere's nest) the whole sequence and call it stabilized:

to re-introduce the motion I would copy paste

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply mask it out and replace the dial with a custom graphic.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so simple?i concern it might be visible that it has been added later

Also i have that clock in diffferent perspective in other scenes and the difficult ito shave the graphic in the proper perspective!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing difficult about it. All your questions are basic AE stuff, it just seems you refuse to actually learn the program. no offense, but it might really be a good idea to sit down watch some basic tutorials about tracking, masking and some other fundamentals you have been asking questions about those last few days. Of course it will take patience and practice, but you'll never learn to do those things until you actually try them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

believe me i  really don t refuse..actually i was asking to learn something more difficult

as you said your solution is a basic one, and even if  never did it i already know what i could do, i know that i ssomething i coul ddo

in fact i was asking for a more complex solution to learn something deeper!

of course in the meanwhile i'll try that, in my mind iwas thinking that there could be a muche more sophisiticated solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let me say something more. i did n ot say difficult to mean that it was diffucult for me to do

i mean that as the clock is in different angle i though that something more complex would have been needed to put the grapghic and go with the different view!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so simple?i concern it might be visible that it has been added later

the way you tackle this is you first stabilize the shot, then you apply the patch, then you re-introduce the motion.

you can take the clock from the second half of the shot.

when the shot is not moving, duplicate the shot, mask the clock on the duplicate, move the whole it to the first part of the shot. this way you get a loop of the 07:00. once at the first part of the shot, then on the second part.

all this requires practice and knowledge in tracking and compositing. with limited or not experience of the software, you will hit a brick wall ever so often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i am trying to move in...

i see that i only need to mask the number not the whole clock

but there is something i need to understand

first thing i should select a frame of the clock saying 7:00

i need only 1 frame to work is it? can i use it a still also?

then i go a put this masked frame above the clip with 6:59

correct?

and then adjust with keyframing

is this briefly the procedure?

i am trying ..using 1 frame, and i need to copy it over over for all the time i need..am i doing correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the clock is moving in each and every frame..so i think i need to select only 1 frame-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i find some diffult cause as the clock is moving in everyframe i have no reference on where to pu the masked time..on frame is little bit higher, another lower...i need to have it always in the same positinion,  but i have no referal point

i think i may mask out the 6.59 and track it so i have a perfect reference on where to put the new time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the workflow:

I would first stabilize the clock. use the tracker and choose stabilize motion

apply the data to the footage. now when the shot is not moving, I can cut the shot and place the 07:00 back above the current clock.

055.gif

I would duplicate another copy of the footage so I will the 07:00 to continue through the duration of the whole shot

to make things organized, I would precomp (like premiere's nest) the whole sequence and call it stabilized:

to re-introduce the motion I would copy paste the stabilizing keyframes from the footage's anchor point and rotation to the position and rotation of the null.

set and expression for reverse rotation. -value

then I would connect the layer to the null and set the collapse switch for the precomp

that's it.

here's the footage:

GiuliasvegliaFixed.mp4 - Google Drive

here's the project:

ClockReplace.aep - Google Drive

next time you should prepare your checkbook!

but really, this is all to show you what this amazing software can do, now you should study it yourself to save your shots so you could tell the story you want to tell. or at least know what's possible and pay someone else to do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that s great and amazing!

i will try to follow step by step the procedure for doing it myself and learn

so please be patient if you can while i ll aske help  going through the process

start from the beginning

stabilize the clock

start the process of stabilize motion

the i have 2 box in the middle of screen the outer called track point 1

i move these box just around the clock, is that right?

what about the inner box?

the i see you have check rotation and if i check the rotation box i got a secont track pooint, what i do with that?

then after setting these 2 i suppose click play and then apply

till here shall be ok?just to know where to put the boxes!

svewglia.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefan there is now way for you to get all of this in the forums. you are going to have to learn how to do this by reading, watching and practicing. this is no beginner stuff. if you want me to point you to resources I recommend you start here: After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC and then move to Lynda and look for tutorials on compositing and tracking in after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks a lot and for the clip you made! i am so grateful for it and for these resourcs and of course i know you are right in what you saying

i will surely study them

now i am so excited with this particular point and i really would like to go further and try to do on my own!

could yu address me to some tutorial that are strictly related to this so that i can learn this procedure while i am working at a useful thing! ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have watched noiw the clip!!

can't believe it! monster!

i repeat...i could use it...and if i can t succed i will..

but can't wait to try to do it on my own!

thanks again! and if you can give me some hint on how to go further..even with particular tutorial!

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC and then move to Lynda and look for tutorials on compositing and tracking in after effects. in Lynda look for Mark christiansen and study his techniques. first you need to cover the basics, he also has a introductory course on Ae 2017. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update i was able to do the main part

now i have the clock stating 7 at the right point and it is perfect!

mine has the movement of the stabilizationto all the clip..so the border of the clip move in and out

while your project doesn t have this

also i did not use the null track yet..as i don t understand yet what is it for

this is my project

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By8IlED_pJoBNUJaMTFyTi1KY2c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think i get something furthei

the null object help me in not having that rotation in the original clip

i should inserte the espression  -Value to rotation so that the original rotation applied from stabilizer is canceled

is that correct?

in any case can t get how to insert the expression

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have been able to copy the expression from roei project and paste it to mine

anyway the clip is still moving in the border..don t know what to do to have it firm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

done it!!!

great Roei, i was able to to it properly

i was confused because i was  not copyng the anchor point keyframe to the null position keyfram

but i was copyng position to position or anchor to anchor

why i need to do this thing is still not very clear to me

but i can wonder somehting

of all this matter the only thing that remain unsolved is

how to  insert expression??

thanks to all!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines