• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop Auto Sync in processing?

New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have this crazy LR thing that I need help with! I can't find how to fix it anywhere. I have my catalog set up by months, so I have 12 folders within in year. There is ONE month (April to be exact) that for whatever reason when I go to the pictures ALL of them reset back to original import. They are doing an auto sync of some sort, and re-processing all of the pictures within to the way they were at import each time I go into that folder, or access one of the photos within. The edits aren't lost, just one step down. But I can't figure out how to turn it off, so every time I'm in that folder it resets them all! Does anyone know 1) what is doing this (all auto sync stuff comes up for syncing to a mobile device), 2) how to turn it off, and 3) for a bonus, how to maybe easily get all the pictures back to their last edit without having to do each individually?

Thanks for your help!

Desiree

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

There is something in Develop called Auto Sync, but it has nothing to do with syncing to a mobile device. So you need to find out more.

Look at the first file in April, then go to Develop's History panel. What does its last step say? Now go to the next, what's its last step? etc If all these are identical, it's possible you reset the photos while Auto Sync was enabled. Do you think you actually did this? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something in Develop called Auto Sync, but it has nothing to do with syncing to a mobile device. So you need to find out more.

Look at the first file in April, then go to Develop's History panel. What does its last step say? Now go to the next, what's its last step? etc If all these are identical, it's possible you reset the photos while Auto Sync was enabled. Do you think you actually did this? Or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the rely.  And yes, they all say "Synchronize settings" at the top of the history panel.  I honestly don't know when or how I set it this way, it was likely something accidental.  It had been resetting the edits each time I opened it, but I have stopped the syncing somehow it seems, now I just have to find the last proper edit in the history.  I'm assuming there is no quick fix to restore my previous edits, I'll just have to go one by one, right?  And just so I understand (and don't repeat this) what is the process for doing this, how would I have enabled the sync?

Thanks again!

Desiree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, then that does mean you switched on AutoSync, did the reset, and then maybe switched it off. Or you could have done a normal Sync Settings but not noticed you had all the images selected. I'd bet the second is more likely.

Assuming you can't simply Undo, yes, you will have to go through each image. What about yesterday's catalogue backup? Could you restore that? Is there a backup before the mistake?

As to how it happened and how to stop it again. Well, that's a matter of being careful and watching what is shown in the filmstrip. AutoSync mode is great for working quickly, but you should not switch it on and off - work with it enabled all the time (which is what I do) or only enable and disable it with caution. If it was regular Sync Settings, then ensure you always see how many photos are selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help!  I don't know anything about this feature including how to turn it on or off (I'm blaming small children's fingers playing on my computer for this one), but I can check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine you have ten pictures of the same subject, same lighting, so they might need the same adjustments - even the dust spots are in the same place. Auto Sync is enabled by the switch at the bottom of the right hand panel in Develop and it means that every adjustment applies automatically to all the selected photos. So with one drag of the slider, all ten get adjusted.

It's the most efficient way to work, meaning no need to copy adjustments from one to the other, but you do have to keep your head screwed on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That button is huge, how have I never noticed it!  Thanks again for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines