• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open PDF in iPhone 7

New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got Acrobat DC, created a PDF as I have for years in older platform. Simple password to open. Two of my clients who have iPhone can't open it, one has iPhone 7 with iOS10.3. Anyone know why this is happening?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tinalsdca,

Could you please let us know how exactly they are opening the file on their iPhone.

Are they using Adobe Acrobat Reader application to open that file?

Is that file saved on the device or they are opening it as an email attachment?

Please share the exact steps they use to open the file.

Do they get any error message when they try to open it? If yes, please share the exact error message or the screenshot of that message.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have e-mailed the client for more info, will provide when I get a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use a open password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another client seemed to have trouble with the password. However, I prefer to password protect since it is my intellectual property they are reviewing in the PDF. Can you not use a PW for opening in iPhone 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open the file on iPhone using the correct password.

Please make sure they enter the correct password when they try to open the file.

What exactly happens when they open they open the file?

Do they get nay error message?

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will wait for more info from the recipient regarding precise error codes, etc. and come back later. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi:

I sent my client your questions, and here are his responses below each:

Could you please let us know how exactly they are opening the file on their iPhone.

Trying to open on iPhone in email clicking on attachment.

Are they using Adobe Acrobat Reader application to open that file?

No opening in email.   Acrobat reader is installed on phone.

Is that file saved on the device or they are opening it as an email attachment?

Opening as attachment

Please share the exact steps they use to open the file.

Open email, click on attachment, it asks for password all lower case, hit return and it asks for password again. Doesn't open keeps asking for password.  Until 2 weeks ago this process worked fine 

Do they get any error message when they try to open it? If yes, please share the exact error message or the screenshot of that message.

No error message just keeps asking for password

It seems to be the password is the issue?  My other client also had problems with password, and I made sure he used it exactly as I typed it (no caps lock on, all small letters, no additional characters).  Still couldn't get it open. Seems this client is having same problem. No problem on a PC, but can't open it on an iPhone. Is this a known issue between Adobe and Apple iPhone? Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi:

The two weeks ago worked fine he is referring to is that until then, I was using a much older version of Adobe Acrobat. I recently updated to a Win10 computer and could not load that old version, so had to purchase a subscription for Acrobat DC. He's not been able to open my PDFs since I updated to the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You mention that you are sync'ing your iOS device from Windows. Do any of the filenames of your files use Asian or accented European characters?

Apple has a known bug with the Windows version of iTunes when sync'ing files to an iPhone or iPad that has been upgraded to iOS 10.3 or later. The bug causes files that have filenames with certain Asian or accented Latin characters to not always work correctly with iOS apps.

In iOS 10.3, Apple changed from their HFS+ file system that iOS has used for a long time now, to using a new files system they call APFS. They updated the Mac version of iTunes to correctly handle Asian and accented Latin characters, but apparently did not update the Windows version.

We filed a bug report with Apple to let them know about, but we're not sure when they will fix the bug. In the meantime, you can work around it by avoiding Asian or accented Latin characters in your filenames. (Admittedly, not an easy workaround for some areas of business.)

-- Mike Laursen

-- Mobile App Development Manager, Adobe Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines