• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Clone Stamp Effect

Explorer ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to do 2 things as I learn the clone stamp tool in After Effects. I am trying to remove this cord from the shot:

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.09.17 AM.png

1. I am using clone stamp on a completed Premiere Pro project. I only need to use the clone stamp on 1 shot that appears a few times in the video. I don't seem to be able to split individual clone strokes and delete the scenes in between shots that I am actually using it for. When I try and split the layer, it doesn't change the clone strokes.

2. How can I fix this smudging:

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.07.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.06.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 9.06.39 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Simply puzzle it up. Duplicate the layer, find a suitable frame, do a Freeze Frame (Layer --> Time menu) slightly move and scale it to match the perspective, create a basic mask to cut off the excess with some room to spare, hit Ctrl+Shift+C to pre-compose choosing "Move all Attributes". Then apply yet another mask to that layer in your parent comp and animate it to follow the motions of the subject. Rinse-repeat as needed. You may need different masking for different segments and use cross-fade

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot actually remove motion blur. It's a native shutter artifact. You may try the new deblur tool in CC 2017.2, though, as well as using third party plug-ins like Revision FX RSMB Pro and Smoothkit. For the cord simply create a clean still frame and overlay it with a mask. using the clone stamp for such a task makes no sense at all.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm excited about the possibility of not having to use clone stamp for this.

Not sure what you mean about creating a clean still frame and overlaying it with a mask.

Are there any tutorials you could direct me to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simply puzzle it up. Duplicate the layer, find a suitable frame, do a Freeze Frame (Layer --> Time menu) slightly move and scale it to match the perspective, create a basic mask to cut off the excess with some room to spare, hit Ctrl+Shift+C to pre-compose choosing "Move all Attributes". Then apply yet another mask to that layer in your parent comp and animate it to follow the motions of the subject. Rinse-repeat as needed. You may need different masking for different segments and use cross-fades on teh masked layers to even them out.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines