Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr Mobile Sync shows more files the are actually in mobile

New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

My Lr mobile sync is showing its trying to sync around 1800 photos.  In reality there's only around 200 photos in the mobile folder to sync.  When I close Lr it warns me that it's still syncing those file and asks if I want to shut down anyway.  In addition to this oddity, it hasn't reduced this number in several weeks (since I set up mobile sync).

To resolve the issue I tried deleting the mobile catalog from the settings menu but it only shows the 200 or so files that it will delete.  it's like the 1848 photos are just records in the sync database but don't actually exist as photos.  Any new files I add to mobile sync fine.

Any ideas?

LrMobile1800mysteryphotos.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

OK, so I went right back through everything again. This time I loaded a spare LR catalogue file, opened it, closed it, shut LR, restarted LR, loaded the main primary catalogue again, made sure I had a web page open and was signed in to my Adobe account and then went back through the delete all data rigmarole again. This time it WORKED and I have now got just two files in my sync collection and only two files being shown as syncing and only TWO files on the cloud side too. Not quite sure why it w

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my problem too. I unplugged a remote HDD too soon before LR had closed out properly and when I restarted LR it squawked about having to delete all my synced data and try again etc. I went through the pain of deleting my synced data on the cloud and saw the whole lot get wiped away, but having logged in and out more times than I care to remember, despite having just 4 files in the sync collection LR tells me I still have 878 files to sync and not to shut down otherwise I have to sign in again to restart the syncing. Cannot find an answer to this problem and getting pretty fed up trying to find out why it won't reset its counter properly. HELP anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so I went right back through everything again. This time I loaded a spare LR catalogue file, opened it, closed it, shut LR, restarted LR, loaded the main primary catalogue again, made sure I had a web page open and was signed in to my Adobe account and then went back through the delete all data rigmarole again. This time it WORKED and I have now got just two files in my sync collection and only two files being shown as syncing and only TWO files on the cloud side too. Not quite sure why it worked out this way, but just happy to say it did. Good luck with your mis-matched photo count problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines