• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cc open screen thumbnails so small!

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to Photoshop cc and I can't increase the size of the open screen thumbnails.  Before I used to increase the size in finder and then it would work, but not this time.  Can anyone help?  They're so tiny!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

There's a different incantation for Yosemite and El Capitan, but seems to not work in Sierra.

From

macos - How can I increase the size of thumbnails when opening files? - Super User

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c 'set FK_DefaultIconViewSettings:iconSize 192' ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist

As a workaround Spacebar can Quicklook the icon and you  can use the cursor keys to move from file to file in the dialog in Quicklook mode.

But somehow Sierra inherited my El Cap icon settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sallyp,

It seems more to be related to Windows functionality as the PSD thumbnails outside Photoshop resize/view as per the OS.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac...hearing from others that this is also a problem with them..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this app and it works great for viewing thumbnails in a larger size.

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'm using photoshop on a Mac and want to see the thumbnails larger in the open screen in Photoshop. ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c 'set FK_StandardViewSettings:IconViewSettings:iconSize 48' ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist

where 48 is the new icon size, and restart to apply the changes. Just logging out and back in does not seem to apply the changes.

The FK_StandardViewSettings settings are used by FinderKit and file dialogs. They are not changed when you press the "Use as Defaults" button from Finder's view options.

If you run the command on a new installation and there is an error like Set: Entry, "FK_StandardViewSettings:IconViewSettings:iconSize", Does Not Exist, open a file dialog once in some application first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this command supposed to be entered in Terminal.app? I can't see a Run command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

terminal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a different incantation for Yosemite and El Capitan, but seems to not work in Sierra.

From

macos - How can I increase the size of thumbnails when opening files? - Super User

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c 'set FK_DefaultIconViewSettings:iconSize 192' ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist

As a workaround Spacebar can Quicklook the icon and you  can use the cursor keys to move from file to file in the dialog in Quicklook mode.

But somehow Sierra inherited my El Cap icon settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines