• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

save the local adjustment data in a preset ?

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have made myself some nice brushes i want to use as overlays but when i store the preset, its doesn't save the brush points , or the masks... it does save the gradiant filters and the radial filters... but not the brush!!! .. Surely you must be able to do this???? If it exists I cant find a way or am i stupid?

thanks in advance!!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

LR won't let you create presets containing Adjustment Brush settings, but using a text editor and a free plugin, you can create them yourself.  It's a little tedious, but it works.

1. Install the free Show Catalog Metadata plugin. (For installation instructions, use the similar instructions here.)

2. In LR, create a new preset named "Brush" with no settings.

3. Select the photo with the adjustment-brush settings and do File > Plug-in Extras > Show Catalog Metadata > Show.

4. Starting with the line "

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK only the actual settings of the sliders are saved. No brush strokes are included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR won't let you create presets containing Adjustment Brush settings, but using a text editor and a free plugin, you can create them yourself.  It's a little tedious, but it works.

1. Install the free Show Catalog Metadata plugin. (For installation instructions, use the similar instructions here.)

2. In LR, create a new preset named "Brush" with no settings.

3. Select the photo with the adjustment-brush settings and do File > Plug-in Extras > Show Catalog Metadata > Show.

4. Starting with the line "PaintBasedCorrections = {--table:", copy all the lines that are indented underneath that one.

5. In LR, right click the preset you created in step 2 and select Show In Finder / Explorer.  The file "Brush.lrtemplate" will be selected. Open that file in your favorite text editor.

6. In that file, look for these lines:

settings = {

ProcessVersion = "6.7",

Paste the lines you copied in step 4 between these two lines and save the file.

7. Restart LR.

8. Now the Brush preset will add your adjustment-brush settings to a photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines