• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I crop to artboard in Illustrator Draw for iPad?

New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually don't know that it's powerful enough to do something like this, but I've saved the projects I drew on my iPad where I ended up drawing outside the artboard boundary one too many times, and I would like the artboard dimensions preserved whenever I save. It's kind of the point of the artboard being there, especially when I'm given options for what size I want the artboard to be.

Am I going to have to move it over to Illustrator itself for this to work, or can I actually do it on my iPad?

[Moved from Illustrator forum to Adobe Illustrator Draw (mobile app) by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Akamia.

Monica is correct... Unlike Sketch, which just considers the primary canvas, when work is saved from Draw, it also considers any content drawn outside the boundary of the actual canvas. Currently the only way to eliminate that is to zoom in to the drawing and then save, or to save as a PDF/PSD and make the changes in a desktop app.

Let me know if I've misunderstood.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I understand the question.

Also: do you want to do this in Illustrator on the desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so, let's say for example I start a new project with the Square format artboard. I draw inside the artboard, everything should be fine. I'm gonna draw random scribbles for example. Everything is in the artboard. This will produce this image if I choose "Share Image" and save it to my camera roll.

IMG_0087.PNG

IMG_0088.PNG

Now, let's say I draw outside the artboard for some reason, say I drew a little too far out of bounds while I was penciling or something. Then I save it to my camera roll (or send it to another device via AirDrop, matters little) and get this.

IMG_0089.PNGIMG_0090.PNG

What I'm asking is how, if possible, I can eliminate the stuff outside the artboard, including all that empty space, in Illustrator Draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can eliminate that in Draw.

You need to do some post-processing in other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akamia.

Monica is correct... Unlike Sketch, which just considers the primary canvas, when work is saved from Draw, it also considers any content drawn outside the boundary of the actual canvas. Currently the only way to eliminate that is to zoom in to the drawing and then save, or to save as a PDF/PSD and make the changes in a desktop app.

Let me know if I've misunderstood.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you've both understood very clearly after my clarification. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines