• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim a clip that has a transition

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Elements 15.  I am trying to trim a clip that has a transition between it and another clip.  I want to trim it at the point where it is next to the other clip, but I can't seem to do that.  Whenver I grab the Trim from End icon and move it, it actually trims the transition.  The only way I can find to trim the clip itself is to delete the transition, trim the clip, then re-insert the transition.  Is there a way to do this without having to delete the transition?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Make sure you have the track expanded vertical.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trimming the transition, it's because you have the transition selected.

Click to select the clip you want to trim instead. Then you can trim it separate from the transition, which will remain in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know I have to have the clip selected.  I click the clip, not the transition, then when I grab the Trim from End icon, apparently the transition gets selected.   So when I drag it, the transition gets trimmed.  I have made sure over and over that I am clicking in the middle of the clip so that I am not selecting the transition, but as soon as I try to drag the Trim from End icon, the transition gets selected.  I have tried it over and over and over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the track expanded vertical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That did the trick!  I knew it was  probably something really simple… and it was! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines