Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export image sequence with original time

New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys.

So first of all I started using AE today and I am not very familiar with the program, so please be gentle to me

I have the following situation:

I need to export every nth frame of a drone-video I made of a landslide structure. I am trying to make a 3D-model of the structure with photogrammetry. Therefore I need one image of every second of the video with its original time. The reason behind this is that I need to geotag the images, because it will decrease the computing-time of the photogrammetry-software by days. Literally days!#

I just imported the video and changed the frame-rate to 1 fps so I could export one frame of every second. I clicked Composition->Add on renderlist (not sure if thats the correct translation, since I'm using the german verison). I selected tiff-sequence as output format and the saving direction.

That worked quite well, but the .tiff-files now have the timestamp of today (creation date) and not the original date of their time in the video (which would be four days ago).

I know there are ways to work around this problem with software that can change the metadata of images, but it would be really cool if there would be a way in AE and safe me a lot of time.

Thanks a lot for your time, if you read through all this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your approach is incorrect. Changing the file interpovation to 1 frame per second will not reduce the number of frames. You want to use time remapping and some math. I have not got tome to go through a step by step workflow for you right now, boarding a plane, you should read up on time remapping.

As for outputting file names you are kind of stuck with AE's file naming structure. I'd just use a batch rename to fix the naming problem. The easiest way to to that depends on your system.

If somebody has not helped you out I'll try after I land....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pete Coly,

Did you ever find a solution or did Rick's synopsis help you figure it out? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines