• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to control effects

New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been editing a project and in after effects I am trying to do a portal effect and all so I make a mask and cut out background right. But on the timeline where it your video and you click the down arrow there is some effect controls I can see the names of the effects but there should be numbers next to them to change to a actually change the effect like scale and all that. But there is no numbers for me please help. The first image with a black composition is my screen

Screenshot (42).png and the one with a princess is what its mean to look like What its meant to look like.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Right click on your columns (where it says "source name, parent,#,etc...") go to the columns fly-out and enable "modes".

This type of thing is often left out of even the basic tutorials. Then go to the bottom left (the 3 little icons) and expand your layer switches and transfer controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, the Hollywood VFX footage.

There's a lot more to making ANY kind of portal in After Effects, even if we were able to look into your mind to figure out the variety you want to make.

I STRONGLY recommend you spend a lot of quality time here:

After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC

Learning to use a video editing application is like learning how to drive a car.

Learning to use After Effects is more like learning how to become an ace fighter pilot flying the F-22 Raptor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on your columns (where it says "source name, parent,#,etc...") go to the columns fly-out and enable "modes".

This type of thing is often left out of even the basic tutorials. Then go to the bottom left (the 3 little icons) and expand your layer switches and transfer controls.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find those can you please provide a picture?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you found it.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines