• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a Puppet from pictures

Explorer ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just getting started with Character animator, and I'm loving it.  I've been able to make a few basic puppets, and I'm starting to get the hang of how it all works together.  I'm incredibly thankful for the Okay Samurai tutorials on YouTube for helping me get started. 

While I can put a puppet together fairly well in Illustrator, my design skills aren't that great.  I would really like to use Ch to animate physical puppets (dolls, action figures, etc.)  Are there any tutorials out there for best practices for photographing the puppets, separating out the parts of the pictures, and re-assembling them in the correct layers/groups?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video is older, but the same structure should still work - this guy took photos of himself and put it together. As long as you slice stuff up and organize, name or tag it correctly, it should work. Make Yourself into a Cartoon Puppet (Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that helps a lot.  I was able to do some basic layer separating of a photo, I just need to hone my skills at filling in the background portions when I lift out elements.  I'm also playing around with the best poses to use for profile shots to make it easier to rig the back arm and leg.  Hopefully I'll have something to share in the future. 

Thank you again for the awesome tutorial series.  You've given me a whole new rabbit hole in which to get lost.  I just hope there wasn't anything important I was supposed to do this month...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines