• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to get stitich or embroidery effect in photoshop or illustrator

Participant ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends, can you please help to get the stitch effect in photoshop or illustrator..

example attached here.. please help me on this .

thanks in advances.

Example_1.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 10.08.56 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Pen in shape layer mode you may be able to create stitch line shape layers. To these you could add layer styles and blending.  With some work and practice you may be able to simulate stitching. A quick try without adding styling and blending.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you mean the M - I would use layer styles. Add a texture in there to make it look like the one in the photo. Use 3 different shapes for this - the top part of the M and the 2 legs, each with with their own layer/style.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Search Google for : how to create stitches with photoshop

many turials

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 'really' hate to admit defeat, but I think this might have done with Illustrator.  I was unable to get the sharp corner on the inside corner of the crossbar, and I eventually gave using layer styles and resorted to Alien Skin Eye Candy 7 (bevel)

This is what I managed with Layer Styles, but I had to resort to setting Highlights to black (multiply) the same as the shadows.  I think the Alien Skin version above made a better bevel though.  Of course I could have done it all manually, but that would take a bit of time.

In both instances I added the canvas texture outside of Layer Styles because I couldn't scale it the way I wanted, but making the layers SOs and using Filter Gallery made that straight forward. 

Using Render Fibers might give a better texture — especially if you added Lighting effects to it.  An interesting challenge all round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try is not coming this effect

kindly advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try is not coming stitching effectScreen Shot 2017-05-16 at 12.46.35 PM.pngffect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I missed this last night - so had to have a go today using 3D.

The shape is just an extrusion with a shallow depth.

The bevel on the edge is set in the object properties and I used the inflate property to give the surface a bit of a curve.

The material is just a cotton weave texture (which is downloadable from Adobe using "3D - Get More Content")

For the "M", I built 2 objects, one for the top and 1 for the legs, and combined them in one 3D layer - that way the bevel went round the top and the bottom parts.

To use these in a composite either switch off the ground shadow or rotate the object and camera so that it is lying flat on the ground.

I hope that helps you.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your help

I need stitch effect

example

Example.png

Example_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can replace the texture on the 3D model with whatever you want.

Search online for a suitable texture or create your own.

This is just noise with motion blur :

This is a canvas pattern - just using pattern fill on the material

The world is your oyster - just search or make

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So please explain how the Script A was achieved on the red cap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines