Exit

AE with Cinema 4D lite slow redering

New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My System:

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3,4 Ghz (6 cores)

RAM: 64GB DDR3

GPU: Nvidia Quadro K2000

Mainboard: ASUSTeK SABERTOOTH X79

Premiere Pro CC 2017.1 Build 11.1.0 (222)

After Effects CC 2017.2 Version 14.2.0.198 (latest updates) with Cinema 4D Lite R16

Cinema 4D Renderer: Standard (final)

My problem:

I made an 3D Text animation with lights, shadows and reflexion in Cinema 4D lite. Back in AE the preview and the rendering is very slow: would need approx. 3h fpr 533 frames. The GPU is not used. How can I accelerate the preview/rendering w/o lossing quality? When choosing the c4d renderer OpenGL instead of Standard (final) the GPU will be used but the result is not the same as with Standard (final): some background and shadows are missing.

Details:

animated 3D Text (1920x1080 50p) with texture, 6 lights - shadow (5x raytraced, 1x shadow map soft), 1 camera, reflexion (depth: 2),

Preview in After Effects CC: fps: 0,05 - 0,085/50 (no real time)

GPU usage: 0%, CPU usage: 100%, RAM usage: 7,3 GB of 64GB (57,9 GB for AE, 6GB for other applications)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Cinema 4D has no GPU rendering (short of buying commercial third-party renderers like Cycles 4D, Redshift, Octane etc.). That's an utterly moot point at the moment. Everything else hinges on having indeed better/ more CPUs at hand.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you expect. That's just how conventional 3D rendering works - an algorithm chugging through every pixel and evaluating the properties as the imaginary light rays travel through the scene and depending on the kinds of shadows, materials, reflections, transparencies, antialaising etc. this can require millions of rays per pixel. Only getting a beefier computer will accelerate such stuff, but then you will also have to upgrade your software to the full Cinema 4D, where actually those advanced render settings are available to improve performance and even then it will take time to build up the experince on how to tweak things.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

thanks for the first answer. What I expect: how can I accelerate the preview/rendering? Could the GPU used for that? If so, how can I use the GPU (Nvidia Quadro K2000) for that tasks? Would a better GPU solve taht issue? Is it only a netter CPU that solves that issue.

As so far I understood, that the

A) full version of Cinema 4d (is it the Studio line?) and/or

B) a better CPU

would provide better render settings to accelerate that tasks.

Would the Nvidia Quadro P4000 be also an option to improve the situation?

Which of the solutions you would prefer in terms of best benefit-cost-relation?

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cinema 4D has no GPU rendering (short of buying commercial third-party renderers like Cycles 4D, Redshift, Octane etc.). That's an utterly moot point at the moment. Everything else hinges on having indeed better/ more CPUs at hand.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for your answer - now I check to improve the CPU.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, well, don't hold your breath.  I hate to know people have expired from lack of oxygen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Adobe plans to stay relevant, then they'll implement GPU rendering on the 3D engine front at some point. These 3rd party GPU renderers have quickly become a standard expectation, outside of Arnold, which hangs on mostly because of legacy popularity with the upper market - but even then, Arnold knows its days are numbered, and they're working on a GPU solution of their own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines