• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my flash player

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe shockwave flash player freezes up whenever I play flash player games on facebook. Why? It says its not responding and ask whether I want it to continue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we'd be happy to look at it, there's not enough information to do anything with.  We really need to be able to reproduce the problem so that we can look at it under a debugger.

If you can provide the following essentials, that would be a great start:

Read Before Posting: How To Get A Useful Answer To Your Question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeromie

Here are some of the essentials you asked for I am running Windows 8.1. It happens in both firefox and IE. I am running flash player version 16.0.0.296. Here's one page that demonstrates the problem. War Commander on Facebook | Facebook. My luck of course the day that I write this message the problem doesn't occur. I am sure it will come back though.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 here. It happens in Firefox. I am running Adobe Flash 25 NPAPI. It happens when I play the War Commander Game on Facebook. Now I've gotten to the point Flash doesn't come up. All I get is a blank screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still haven't got an answer here. Flash player still hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First things first, you're running a Flash Player from early 2015 in IE.  There are interdependencies between Flash Player and the browsers, and they move in lock-step with each other.  That's why we all release patches on the same day.

You'll need to install the latest Flash Player for IE.  Aside from missing hundreds of security enhancements, you're at least tens of thousands of changes behind the current state of the player.  Since Flash Player is a built-in component of IE on Windows 10, it's strange that you'd be running such an old Flash Player.  If you're not set up for Windows Update to provide automatic system updates, you should really consider it.  Flash Player updates are delivered by Microsoft via Windows Update for IE and Edge on Win10.  In fact, we may be depending on fixes in Windows 10 that you don't have yet.  Windows 10 is intended to be "evergreen", and automatically updated on a frequent schedule.  We work closely with the IE and Edge teams to stay in sync with the latest updates, but it's not feasible for us to continue backwards support (particularly on the testing front) for the long tail of dozens of possible stale builds.

Making sure that all components in the chain (OS, Browser, Drivers, Flash) are current is a really great place to start.  At the very least, it establishes the fact that we know we're at a good baseline. 

For Firefox, there's a long-standing hang related to the plugin sandbox architecture.  I'll spare you the boring details, but if you're on a 64-bit version of Windows, you should upgrade to 64-bit Firefox.  You'll get a much better experience from Flash and Firefox in terms of stability, performance and security.

Go here, and choose the variant from the 64-bit column:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

At that point, if you're still encountering a hang, disabling hardware acceleration would be the next step in the process:

Instructions on doing that are covered in the video troubleshooting guide below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If you're just stuck with no Flash running anywhere, what changed?  Did you install an off-brand security suite?  Ad blocker?  NoScript? Followed some instructions that had you manually deleting files or messing with the registry?

If you're still stuck, please follow the directions in the video troubleshooting guide on providing the dxdiag report and additional information about what you tested and saw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These steps really helped but my Flash Player Still hangs. It is a lot less now. I submitted the bug report as you suggested. Waiting to hear back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you point me to the bug report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its bug report #

FP-4198427.

Not surw how you can see it without logging in as me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks.

It looks like you're running the latest Win10 Insider Preview, but comparatively, you've got some pretty old graphics and audio drivers.  Some of the early Realtek drivers for Win10 were definitely problematic.  It also looks like HP doesn't offer Win10 driver updates for that hardware.

There's an updated RealTek driver from January that may help with some of the stability issues:

Realtek 

Similarly, you might want to grab the latest Intel graphics drivers here:

Intel® Driver Update Utility

At that point, if you're still experiencing hangs (and I assume these are true hangs where things appear non-responsive for a period, after which the browser kills Flash Player and not performance issues like intermittent stuttering during gameplay), results from the Firefox Crash Reporter should give me a better sense of what's going on.

If you go to about:crashes in the Firefox address bar, click the first few links to submit them, and then reply with the resulting links, I'm happy to take a look.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the classic IPC hang between 32-bit Flash and Firefox.  Moving to 64-bit Firefox should resolve this for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately It does help that I updated to the 64 bit firefox. Still get the problem with firefox 64 bit I thought of that. Upgraded and it still gives me the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a 64 bit Flash player available? If so where? I may have to update to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Our installer installs both.  If you're running 64-bit Firefox, you're getting the 64-bit Flash Player plug-in.  The crash reports you posted indicate that they were encountered on 32-bit Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines