Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to follow tutorials on luminosity but bits are missing

New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know if this has been asked before because I didn't really know how best to narrow my keywords down. I am exploring the use of luminosity masking and have successfully re-edited a few pictures that I'm significantly more proud of as a result. However, I have looked at a few tutorials now that give you a number of instructions and then tell you to go to the channels tab (no problem there) and they then have a list of different brightness channels under the four initial ones. I cannot, for the life of me, work out how to get these channels to appear. On each of the tutorials they just exist.

Am I not seeing it because that is one of the major changes that have been made for CC, or CC 17? I don't have the confidence or knowhow to expand luminosity masks beyond what it automatically chooses for me. I like to shoot at night or very late in the evening, especially by the sea to create fluffy waves and I have generally failed to get anywhere close to what I want as an outcome. I have been trying to learn luminosity masking as I thought it might be one way in to making those improvements. Any help anyone can give would be hugely appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Hi

There are various tutorials that come with action sets to make the masks, however, the one below will be more useful as it shows you how to create the luminosity mask channels

https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-and-use-luminosity-masks-in-adobe-photoshop--cms-23549

I hope that helps you

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are various tutorials that come with action sets to make the masks, however, the one below will be more useful as it shows you how to create the luminosity mask channels

https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-and-use-luminosity-masks-in-adobe-photoshop--cms...

I hope that helps you

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scanning through that it looks like exactly what I am after. I thank you greatly for your extraordinarily swift reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines