• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove the colored background behind my text? The font IS on my computer!

Explorer ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I upgraded to ID 2017 (Windows), every time I create a new document and start adding text to it, I get a greenish-colored background behind the text. I've been searching for a way to remove the color here in the forums. The only answer I've found so far relates to the font used not installed on my computer. However, it doesn't matter what font I use (and I've checked and the documents show there are no missing fonts). It's more of an annoyance than anything else, and I'm sure it's a really simple solution, but I have wasted way too much time trying to get rid of it. Can someone please help me??!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Actually, the color to indicate a missing font (or missing glyphs in a font) is pink.

Off-green is to indicate a paragraph has a manual tracking override. You can switch that off in the Preferences; see the Online Help: Kerning and tracking in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the color to indicate a missing font (or missing glyphs in a font) is pink.

Off-green is to indicate a paragraph has a manual tracking override. You can switch that off in the Preferences; see the Online Help: Kerning and tracking in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jongware! I knew it had to be something very simple! One click in the right place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem, blue color background behind the text un hebrew

could you indicate in more detail where is the button that should be canceled in the preferences?
thanks, LeaScreen Shot 2018-04-17 at 9.56.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lea,

the button looks like [+] and is positioned in the Paragraph Styles panel or in the Character Styles panel.

From my German InDesign CC 2018.1 :

StyleOverrideHighlighter.png

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines