• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.x crashes when opening EPUB files, but ADE 3 works fine

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to open PDFs fine with ADE 4.x (4.0.3 and 4.5), but whenever I try to open any of my EPUB files, ADE crashes.  I can read those same EPUBs with Calibre just fine.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, as well as rebooting.  Nothing worked, until I uninstalled ADE 4.x and installed ADE 3 (3.0.1.91394).  Now I can read both EPUBs and PDFs just fine.

I'm running Windows 10.  Any idea why ADE 3 could be working on my PC with EPUBs, but ADE 4 doesn't?

Thanks,

Ari

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital Edition 4 have same problems with permissions. Try right click on Digital Edition and run as admin. Then try to open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nanaky.  ADE 3 works fine for me currently,so I'll stick with that until Adobe fixes this problem.

Ari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky,

I downloaded 4.5.1, and the problem now only happens with a couple EPUBs that I have (among the ones I've tried to open), both of which open fine in ADE 3.  Running as Admin doesn't help.  I can send you the docs privately, if you'd like to view them to verify the problem.

Let me know if you have any ideas, or would like me to send the offending files to you.

Thanks,

Ari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try to redownlaod the files with the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky,

Yes, I did, but there was no change.  The fact that they open in ADE 3 and other EPUB readers, though, indicates that the problem is with ADE 4.5.1.  Let me know if you'd like me to upload the files (privately) for your testing.

Thanks,

Ari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For testing files should contact a adobe staff person. I only try to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again,

Still waiting to hear how to submit test files to the Adobe staff.  The updates since 4.5.1 don't appear to have addressed this problem.

Thanks,

Ari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this site, and have not figured out yet how to start a discussion. Please help me do so. Since Adobe.com upgraded Photoshop CC 2015 to version 2015.5 online a few days ago, I lost my third-party Photoshop plugins AND access to the two major reference books comprising my Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 Library.  When I click on either of the books, I get a message stating:

"Authorization Needed. This computer needs to be authorized with a Vendor ID." (I know nothing about a vendor's ID or password!) How do I recover access to the books in my ADE 3.0 Library asap? Thanks, very much, everyone. Earl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines