• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors not matching

Explorer ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upload old photos I've taken (some years ago) the colors show true when uploaded to Adobe stock.  When I tried to upload a photo I took just this week using a light box, editing in LR and then PSE9 the colors do not match what I'm seeing on my monitor.  The colors are coming out muddy and muted.  What's going on???????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting from Lightroom, choose sRGB under Color space in the Export dialog.

I'm not familiar with Elements, but there should be an option to choose a color space there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

terid10230348  wrote

When I upload old photos I've taken (some years ago) the colors show true when uploaded to Adobe stock.  When I tried to upload a photo I took just this week using a light box, editing in LR and then PSE9 the colors do not match what I'm seeing on my monitor.  The colors are coming out muddy and muted.  What's going on???????

Color Managed applications will produce the same preview from any tagged RGB color space. So I suspect one issue is, you’re not viewing the image in a color managed application. If upload, you mean the web, not all web browsers are color managed. Uploading sRGB alone doesn’t guarantee a match! Non ICC aware browsers do not know what sRGB is!  See:

sRGB urban legend & myths Part 2

In this 17 minute video, I'll discuss some more sRGB misinformation and cover:

When to use sRGB and what to expect on the web and mobile devices

How sRGB doesn't insure a visual match without color management, how to check

The downsides of an all sRGB workflow

sRGB's color gamut vs. "professional" output devices

The future of sRGB and wide gamut display technology

Photo print labs that demand sRGB for output

High resolution: http://digitaldog.net/files/sRGBMythsPart2.mp4

Low resolution on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvVUL1gWVs

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines