New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For PrAudioChannelType, there is only:

kPrAudioChannelType_Mono = 1,
kPrAudioChannelType_Stereo = 2,

kPrAudioChannelType_51 = 3,

defined.  How do I export 7.1 audio?  How do I get arbitrary tracks out?  If they had 24 tracks, say.  How to get the number of tracks and how to get each one without the matching channeltype in MakeAudioRenderer()?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Hi Jeff,

First you'd need to set up a sequence so that the master audio track is multichannel:

http://blogs.adobe.com/VideoRoad/2015/02/multichannel-audio-in-premiere-pro.html

Then, in an exporter, use the latest version of the Sequence Audio Suite (currently that's version 2, added in CC 2015).  The MakeAudioRenderer() call takes an inNumChannels value, and a PrAudioChannelLabel parameter.  So if the exporter parameter UI shows a 7.1 option, and the user selects that, then set inNumChannels = 8 a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

First you'd need to set up a sequence so that the master audio track is multichannel:

http://blogs.adobe.com/VideoRoad/2015/02/multichannel-audio-in-premiere-pro.html

Then, in an exporter, use the latest version of the Sequence Audio Suite (currently that's version 2, added in CC 2015).  The MakeAudioRenderer() call takes an inNumChannels value, and a PrAudioChannelLabel parameter.  So if the exporter parameter UI shows a 7.1 option, and the user selects that, then set inNumChannels = 8 and pass in the same sized array of PrAudioChannelLabels.

Regards,

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> MakeAudioRenderer() call takes an inNumChannels value, and a PrAudioChannelLabel parameter

Can I use this for stereo and 5.1 too, then, so there is only one code path?

> PrAudioChannelLabels

What are the labels?  Are those input or output parameters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use it for stereo and 5.1 too.

The labels are input parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The labels are input parameters.

So, "Front Left", "Front Right", etc?  Is there a way to query the names, if I don't care and just want the linear order of the tracks in the master Multichannel track?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, also, is there a way to get the count of tracks in the master multichannel track, so I can offer a reasonable default?

Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can call PrSDKExportInfoSuite->GetExportSourceInfo() with kExportInfo_NumAudioChannels

I don't think there is a query for the names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I don't think there is a query for the names.

How do I get them then?  Do I have to ask the user to supply matching names for the up-to 32 input channels???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The PrAudioChannelLabels are input parameters.

Are there numeric input channel labels?  I just want to be able to export up to the 32-bit tracks that they might have in a sequence - the ones beyond 7.1 could be anything?  Or are the label names in the audiochannellabel enum in audio track order?  Basically, say they have 32-audio channels, how do I pull all of those out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like if I pass an array of 32 values of kPrAudioChannelLabel_Discrete, I get the 32 individual channels - is this correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines