• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sprite Sheet quality problem

Engaged ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "generate sprite sheet" function compressess the png hard.

Is there a way to make it not compress it and generate lossless spritesheet?

I use settings for output: png32 but the quality looks like jpg compression. Its ugly.

The automatically generated atlas for animation when i publish it to hmlt5 canvas, is lossless and great quality, but when i use "generate sprite sheet" from movie clip its quality is bad. How to fix it? It can be done for sure, if atlas is good quality.

Im attaching screenshot so you can compare atlas and spritesheet quality.

compressionquality.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

You can select all of the bitmaps in the library in one go, then click the i button, and change all of them to lossless, allow smoothing, in one step.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG is lossless. But, it will be taking the image based on your Library settings. Check the bitmaps in the library to see if they are set to lossless, and allow smoothing. Also, were they imported as PNG or JPEG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for quick reply.

Well, they were imported as png sequence, published using Blender. I have quite a lot of them, so going trough each and every one of them and changing settings to PNG from (DEFAULT) JPG would be hassle to big for me to do. Would rather look for other software to do this smart way.

Is there a way to change default settings for imported bitmap to PNG publish settings? Even some harder way, like manipulating some Animate's files to achieve this would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select all of the bitmaps in the library in one go, then click the i button, and change all of them to lossless, allow smoothing, in one step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot! Didnt knew i can change settings for multiple items in library with one action. You saved my day! Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, if you are doing HTML5 Canvas, or if you are taking the prefect exported PNG into another tool, you can optimize the image after you have published. Look at sites like tinypng.com. That can reduce the file size a lot, without ruining the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines