Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dust Particles With Wind Effect

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been trying for the longest time to try and remake this style if Particles.

Could someone please tell me how to get the random wind effect on the dust.

EX:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm curious, the particles in that shot look good.  Is there a reason to not use the ones from that shot above?  Looks like they are free.

If you want to create them, there are ways however.  AE has it's own a particle generator and then there are things like Trapcode Particular.

I'd search for tutorials on how to make dust or rain or something and modify that to sideways, play with wind and gravity if necessary but that would really be the approach.

Andrew Kramer also has some free dust particles that are made from flour I believe that has random movement but less wind.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey DillonP,

Did you ever solve this particle issue to your satisfaction? What did you end up doing? Please let us know for the benefit of the community.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines