• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import video with LR CC 2015.10, or play videos previously import with LR CC 2014

New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since installing Lightroom CC 2015.10 I've ad more problems than solutions.

Now I can't import new videos, I get an error:

An unknown error occurred while reading the video file, connecting to dynamic link server failed (1)

GORP3456.MP4

I also can't play previously imported videos.

How do I contact Adobe support directly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SherwininAustin,

Might try uninstalling and reinstalling the QuickTime from your machine also, you can refer the below discussion.

Import Error: Connecting to Dynamic Link Server Failed

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohit, thanks for your input, but I don't understand what QuickTIme would have to do with importing and playing a video file in Lightroom.  I briefly looked at the discussion you mentioned, and not sure if it really helped that person  Also, their problem was before LR CC 2015.10 became available.  My system worked fine until I installed this latest version yesterday.

Any idea how to contact Adobe directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can contact the support team via support link also, you may try and rename the dynamiclinkmediaserver folder and check if that helps.

Windows: documents >adobe >dynamic link

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I renamed the folder as you suggested.  (added OLD to the folder name).  When trying to play a previously imported video, it wouldn't even display the play bar that appears when you are in Loupe view mode. 

When trying to import, the same error still occurs.

Upon inspection of this folder there are three subfolders labeled respectively 6.0, 7.0, and 10.0 all of which appear to be empty.

Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit, I haven't heard back from you.  Any ideas of what else to try or how to report this issue to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit, I haven't heard back from you.  Any ideas of what else to try or how to report this issue to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherwin_in_Austin,

You can contact the support team and they should remote in your machine and check the problem also apply all possible fix to the issue.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How would I do that, there's no phone number listed for Lightroom support.  If there was I would have tried that last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines