Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse images intermittently not loading and random positioning errors

New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I am a relative newbie to muse and I am having a few issues once my sites have been uploaded to the host.

When the sites are viewed in the muse previewer they appear to be fine, however when they are published and viewed online in browsers (multiple checked) I am getting odd positioning errors then some images loading and some not then occasionally I am get the dreaded some files may be missing error. I am running the latest muse (2017.0.2) I have tried deleting the entire site and uploading the site fully again, I have tried using "web safe" fonts and I have also created second site with no custom code and I am still getting the same problems.

In summary 50% of the time the website load fine. when refreshing or reloading I get the odd image not load up or the occasional image positioning error or very occasionally the some files may be missing error

I know this is  wide spread of problems but I just cant seem to figure it out and I have replicated this on 2 different pages.

FYI I am using Filezilla to upload ALL files and overwrite ALL files every time

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better than thousand words: A link!

Better than thousand links: A minimal .muse file (via Dropbox for example), containing only a few elements, which doubtlessly demonstrates your issues.

And: Why not using Muse's upload command?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the slight delay,

The only way I can show you is by giving you a link and you need to keep refreshing until you start seeing images not loading and the errors I referred to above. the link is below:

http://delineate-operators.000webhostapp.com/

I have only just come over to Muse recently and have always used FileZilla in the past so continued to use this. Whilst researching this problem I read that uploading in the way I am would be the best way. No other reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sure its something relatively simple im doing wrong, I just cant figure out why the site loads fine locally but as soon as its uploaded the errors occur

Thanks

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two suggestions:

1. Try to upload your site using the Muse command "Upload to FTP Host". This command does more than simply transfer your files. The files and its integrity is tested and a "Muse manifest" is written, which lgs all files and their modification dates.

2. Publish your site as a free test site on Business Catalyst (use the small dropdown menu "Publish" at the top right of your application window), and tell us, what happens. Could it be, that your hosting provider has some heavy problems with his servers, because intermittently I can’t reach your site at all ("500 Internal Server Error")?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines