• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop overheats Surface Pro 4

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new Surface Pro 4 about two weeks ago. I am a digital artist and I use Photoshop CC on a daily basis, so it is essential that it works efficiently. Since the first day I've gotten this computer, the fans go full speed almost IMMEDIATELY after I open Photoshop and begin doing any function in it. The computer gets burning hot very quickly.

If I let this go on long enough, it completely freezes the computer (I am not one hundred percent sure this is the cause, but I'm pretty sure).

I am not tech savvy so any answer would be highly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i have the same problem.

I use Photoshop on my Surface Pro 4 (bought in January 2016). For a few weeks/months now, when i launch Photoshop 2017, the laptop overheats, the fans are going nuts, etc.

The program doesn't usually crash or freeze, so no error message.

To answer your questions :

• I have Photoshop 2017.1.1
  • Subscription to Creative Cloud active for 2 or 3 years.
  • Windows 10 Creators Update, 64 bits (1703 build 15063.296, not Insider)
  • Surface Pro 4, intel Core i5-6300U CPU, 8Go of RAM
  • I'm loggued in with a MS Account and the computer is linked to my Azure Active Directory at work.

When i launch Photoshop, it takes between 15 to 25 sec to boot Photoshop up to the new welcome screen (with recent files, CC files, Open & New option). This is not the problem here.

But when i'm on this screen, the program uses at minimun 650Mo of RAM memory and the fans & heats are burning the computer.

And when i launch a new image (blank 600*400 px), it rises to 900Mo/1Go of RAM.

The processor is at a normal rate. High during launch (between 25 & 55%) but goes back down to 0/1/2% after.

Is it the normal behavior of Photoshop, please ?

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines