• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After having to have my c drive formated camera raw does not recognise my canon raw files

New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I get Camera Raw to recognise my canon raw files. After my c drive was formatted it no longer works on anything but jpg's When I try to update it goes through the process then says "Some updates failed to install Please quit and try later but it has been doing the same thing for months now. What have I to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Actually you probably just need to upgrade your camera raw plugin to version 6.7

Camera raw 6.7 and 7.1 were out around the same time and both supported the Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Seems to me the adobe camera raw camera support page used to note that, but doesn't anymore.

When you reinstall or install on a new drive you lose all the updates and return to the first cs5 version12.0.

The most updated photoshop cs5 is 12.0.4

What operating system are you using?

windows

Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows : Camera Raw 6.7 Update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop and of Camera Raw do you have today, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and exactly which Canon camera? You have to pay close attention to the details, please answer all three questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe Photoshop CS5

What Three Questions?

I'm 75 years of age and I've never used a Forum before so I'm not sure exactly how to go about it.

I wanted to talk to someone on a phone but could get no contact number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Canon eos 5D mark 3 and the canons G9 and G12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

have you ever been able to use Camera Raw with these cameras? Your Canon Eos 5D Mark 3 requires Camera Raw 7.1 at a minimum. The G9 requires Camera Raw 4.3 and the G12 requires camera raw 6.3. Photoshop CS5 comes with Camera Raw 6.0 and is upgradeable to 6.7. Therefore your Eos 5D will not work, your G9 will work and with the update so should your G12. You can get the update to Camera Raw 6.7 at the link below. Your G9 and G12 should then work.

Adobe Camera Raw 6.7 and DNG Convertor 6.7 Now Available on Adobe.com

Your Eos 5D requires a later version of Photoshop to work, but Adobe only sell Creative Cloud subscriptions now. Therefore you must use a piece of alternative software called a Digital Negative Converter with your 5D. Just download from the link below

Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x

Hope that fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually you probably just need to upgrade your camera raw plugin to version 6.7

Camera raw 6.7 and 7.1 were out around the same time and both supported the Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Seems to me the adobe camera raw camera support page used to note that, but doesn't anymore.

When you reinstall or install on a new drive you lose all the updates and return to the first cs5 version12.0.

The most updated photoshop cs5 is 12.0.4

What operating system are you using?

windows

Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows : Camera Raw 6.7 Update

mac

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7 Update

If you install the latest adobe application manager, that might get you the rest of the photoshop cs5 updates using Help>Updates from within photoshop cs5.

windows

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

mac

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That has done the trick. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, phone support - and all support - for CS5 ended long ago. At some point if you upgrade cameras you'll need to upgrade your apps. CS6 out of support too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well there is the option to convert unsupported raws to dng. Personally not my choice,but here's the link

Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines