• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unintentional mirror flip in animation

New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with animating a line to change from a horizontal straight line to morph up into a shape. I've created and copied the paths from Illustrator to After Effects. When I add then animate the morph the last animation actually does a mirror flip then up instead simply growing up out of the line. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the mirror flip? https://www.dropbox.com/s/zo1py99uow04g1u/hug_1.mp4?dl=0

AECC V. 14.1.0.57

28% of 8GB Used

OSX V. 10.11.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to read up on how AE actualyl handles mask and shape path interpolation. The help files have a whole section on it, including tips on how to fix it in various ways.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions on where to look? I've been scouring the help section and nothing seems to change the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try right-clicking on various points and choosing "set first vertex" and see if it behaves differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of reordering the order of the vertex points, AE closes the bottom and deletes one of my curves in an attempt to keep the original order vertex when I use "set first vertex"

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 12.23.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then go into your timeline and twirl things down until you see the path and choose the reverse path option.

0path.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @szalam! That was one of the first things I tried, but, alas, no luck. Thanks to those who offered comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those interested, I ended up redrawing the shape so that the points showed up in the correct order. My original shape was made by merging separate shapes in Illustrator. I wonder if that throws off the order of points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would make sense. Maybe just rearranging the order of the paths in Illustrator would do it too. Nevermind - I'm glad you found a way to get working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines