• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalogue crashed with a drive / trying to restore it.

New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

A drive of mine crashed.

I had everything backed up except the catalogue... 😕

I am trying to restore it.

Is there a support service that can help on this?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are saying that you don't have a recent backup of your catalog file?

You might want to go to some professional service that can extract data from crashed drives.

In the future, you need to make regular and automated backups of your catalog file and your photos, and store these backups on a different physical disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, my only catalogue was on the drive that had the files.

My backup was on a server, but only the files, not the catalogue.

I am making frequent back up of the catalogue elsewhere now, of course.

We extracted the catalogue from the crashed drive. I am now trying to repair it... restore it.

Any hints on who at Adobe could help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define what you mean by

I am now trying to repair it... restore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's damaged, corrupted... not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that if it was damaged from a hard disk crash, then no one can help. Nevertheless, sometimes one of the moderators here in this forum will offer to take a look at it (or have some technical expert at Adobe take a look at it) to try to repair it.

I point out that there are several kinds of corruption: one where all the data is present but somehow the internal organization/layout of the file isn't quite what it should be, and this can be repaired if you are fortunate. If the data itself is corrupted (as would happen from a hard disk crash) then I don't think repair is possible, the data is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly. I've had a catalogue crash once (just the catalogue, not the drive) and someone at Adobe restored it to a 85% version (pretty good)... but I can't have a direct chat with Adobe anymore through this site concerning LR catalogue problems... how do I get in touch with experts to send my catalogue to for examination?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines