• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug/Crash: Hijacking context for a different project

Explorer ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely experience this issue as of the last month and believe it has to do with working from sync'd folders (though not fully realized). At times it makes a project entirely inaccessible at which point I use my other workstation to open it.

Initially I thought it may have to do with using Resilio Sync to keep the data between 2 workstations synced. When i quite the taskbar app I believe the crash stops. I have since switched to OneDrive and the problem still exists. Quitting the OneDrive taskbar app does not resolve it.

Any insights are helpful, though believe this is a bug.

Thanks

crash.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with Resilio but if it's anything like dropbox's Smart Sync where there's symbolic files that don't actually contain the data you could be running into trouble there.

For instance, if you're quickly switching between machines while it's in the process of a sync or a sync has corrupted a file, it might look like an `aep` file is there but fail when opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks though there aren't any symbolic links and the syncing wasn't active as no other clients were "on".

Hoping AE admin's bump this up as its very replicateable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want AE people at Adobe to be aware of any issue, you need to file a bug report. They may poke into the forums occasionally and unofficially, but bugs filed at that link I gave are officially tracked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I just submitted.

If anyone else has tips i'd love to hear them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue . I am able to open the same project on two other machines but unable to do so on this one workstation. Mac environment. Error:Hijacking context for a different project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue. This happens frequently to various projects. Sometimes a restart solves the issue. I noticed when I have some media that goes offline (unlinked) it will do this. I'm on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Half my projects now do this to me. They all have this in common if a source is missing.

This WORKAROUND has worked for me twice today:

• Create a new project.
  • Import the corrupted project. (This removes the "double opening" occurrence that also happens) when it crashes.
  • Relink the missing element and save as a new version.

This has solved my problems when I run into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing this. I'll be sure to give it a try next time it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines