• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any issues importing thousands of photos at a time?

Engaged ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to import a large folder containing many subfolders of thousands and thousands of photos. Are there any issues doing this or should I import the individual subfolders one at a time?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

I have imported up to 2000 images before, many times, on both the 32-bit and 64-bit systems with no problems, always using the "add" option.

As John suggests, make sure you are confirming ALL the settings in the import dialog.

I would do a catalog backup before doing any large imports, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory, the only issue is that it will take a long time.

Some people have reported problems doing this, and the problems seem to go away when you import a folder at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just make sure you read all the settings in the Import dialog. For example, check whether you have selected Add, Move, Copy, or Copy as DNG, and make sure you have selected the one you want. The same applies to all the other settings - you take care. But thousands, no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have imported up to 2000 images before, many times, on both the 32-bit and 64-bit systems with no problems, always using the "add" option.

As John suggests, make sure you are confirming ALL the settings in the import dialog.

I would do a catalog backup before doing any large imports, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines