• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smooth zoom effect?

Explorer ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I achieve these smooth zoom effects seen in this video?

They start at 0:40, theyre like really smooth zoom transitions

smrtdeath - everything - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

this looks like it's using some of the Red Giant Universe plugins, specifically chromatic aberration, to create the odd bulging lens effect and they're probably just adding a few scale keyframes to enhance that effect. the keyframes clearly have a pretty heavy ease and in most cases it's either easing into an increased bulge and scale up or easing out of a decreasing bulge and scale down. There isn't really that much of a transition on these shots either. it's more a matter of timing out the ani

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this looks like it's using some of the Red Giant Universe plugins, specifically chromatic aberration, to create the odd bulging lens effect and they're probably just adding a few scale keyframes to enhance that effect. the keyframes clearly have a pretty heavy ease and in most cases it's either easing into an increased bulge and scale up or easing out of a decreasing bulge and scale down. There isn't really that much of a transition on these shots either. it's more a matter of timing out the animation around the edit to make it feel "right"

the "smoothness" you're looking for is probably mostly due to keyframe easing. I typically use a tool like Flow to keep my eases consistent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines