• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Create Modern Family Motion Blur?

Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The show Modern Family begins with the family groups holding portraits. These portraits zoom and blur. I tried to emulate this effect in Premiere Pro CS6 using frame blend and in After Effects CS6 using Motion Blur (which has no effect) and Frame Blend which shows up on the timeline but not in the rendered video. How can I create that motion blur?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the CC Force Motion blur and crank the values way up. If you animated the lawyers you could just crank the shutter angle way up in the composition settings.

There are a hundred ways to do this but if you tried using Frame Blend and it didn't come through in the render then I suggest you spend some time figuring out how After Effects works. It's not a program you can just open up and use.

If you want to help diagnosing your  effects and rendering problem we need a screenshot showing all of the modified properties of the layers that are giving you problems revealed. Just press the U key twice, print screen and paste or drag your screenshot to the reply field on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey sneedbreedley,

How did you end up pulling off this effect? Did you follow Rick's advice? Let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines