Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets not carrying over all the way

Contributor ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Lately, I have noticed some issue in Lightroom (other than it being very slow).  I generally import images through PhotoMechanic, sort through them, determine which images I want to keep and delete the rest.  I then import these into Lightroom and select the option to have the auto develop settings.  After this, I go in the gridview, and select another preset from SLR lounge and apply that to all images.  This way, my pictures are 80% edited and i go through them one by one and tweak them some more.  However, since some time now, I noticed that the presets (SLR lounge) are only carrying over on a number of images, not all, while I made sure I have selected them all.  I have the feeling that it sometimes is 10 images, other times some more.  But it is a pain to go through them, thinking they have all been edited with the preset.

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue?  I am on the latest LR cc on a Windows 10 XPS15 9550, Intel core i7-6700HQ @2,60GHz, 16GB Ram.

The only other article I found that has some of the same issues, is : Mass editing in Development Module is not working? , but that was 4 years ago and isn't solved yet.

I haven't tried syncing the photo's after I preset one and sync over the others yet, as I then need to get into the nitty gritty to see on what the presets all work and it should work through the gridview.  (My catalog from a wedding I shot, is 1550 images).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

This bug has existed for many years, unfortunately, and Adobe has acknowledged it: Lightroom: Applying Auto Tone to a batch of photos loses subsequent develop settings | Photoshop Family Customer Communi… . The first post contains two workarounds.

Please add your me-too vote and details of why this is important for you to the bug report. That will make it a little more likely Adobe might fix it before the next ice age.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I have just tried to sync the photos in the develop module, but it seems also here, it only takes about 9 images and sets the right values, after that, it is not doing anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has existed for many years, unfortunately, and Adobe has acknowledged it: Lightroom: Applying Auto Tone to a batch of photos loses subsequent develop settings | Photoshop Fam... . The first post contains two workarounds.

Please add your me-too vote and details of why this is important for you to the bug report. That will make it a little more likely Adobe might fix it before the next ice age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems that did the trick!  So in the library module, go to Library --> previews --> Render stander previews.  After that, you can set the new preset!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines