• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to play Presenter from my desktop

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the Index file on Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Adobe Acrobat all I get is a blank screen. When I publish on our Adobe Connect server or just put the folder in the Canvas LMS it opens and plays with no issue.

Any idea what's going on? I have enabled Flash on all of these browsers.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a Flash security setting blocking the playback of local Flash content. You may need to set up the folder you publish your presentations to be accepted as a trusted location for Flash. Generally, if you are publishing to the default My Adobe Presentations folder it should work, but not always. You can update your Flash player security settings to include your local drive here Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Global Security Settings panel

As a follow up, are you playing the index file from the same location as the rest of output of Presenter? All the output files must stay together or playing the presentation won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response flyingj.

We are playing them from the main output folder. On my Mac, I added the root folder to the trusted locations area in System Preferences and I was then able to open using Safari but still not FF or Chrome.

I'm now wondering if the creator needs to add his C drive to trusted locations for Flash on his Windows machine and then republish.

I'm still open to suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't need to republish, changing the security settings should be enough.

Odd that your changes don't affect FF, Chrome is its own ball of yarn.

The other option would be to push it to a server (Connect or otherwise) and play it from there. That should get around the Flash security issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought republishing was odd as well, but that is what Adobe Support suggested. True enough about Chrome. And yes, playing it from a Connect server works fine. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources