• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does RH HTML start by asking me what type of project I want to create?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2008 Sep 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Why does RH HTML start by asking me what type of project I want to create?
Since RH is multi-output, I should not be thinking of the output type when I start the project. I should just type in content, and at the end, I generate whichever documentation format that I need.

No?

Tnx,

- avi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

If you tell it your prime output, it creates settings based on that. You can still produce any of the other outputs from whatever you select but there will be some simple changes. Principally, the window options are different for CHM and webhelp. If you create a new window, it is based on your default layout but, as I said, you can always change that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH asks this when you are creating a new project. Is that what you've found? You may have a standard output type for your help projects, such as WebHelp, so in that case you would select WebHelp as your output. All this does is provide the output generation settings before you run the output the first time, and it tells RH what your primary SSL is so that you can run that at the click of a toolbar button. You can output to any other SSL anytime.

Nothing is set in stone. You can change the primary SSL settings or which SSL is the primary any time you like. If you haven't decided on an SSL when you're creating the project, I'd suggest just providing as much as you know to begin with.

I don't think there's any way to get around that wizard.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2008 Sep 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the responses,

- avi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp