• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ToC won't work

Contributor ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working in InDesign CS6, I have created a book, made a table of contents, all fine. I have now added two pages. I want these changes reflected in the ToC, but not only will the ToC not update, but when I create a new one it just reproduces the old page numbering, i.e. it doesn't take account of the added pages, so the chapters after the pages that have been added are, according to the ToC, still in the same place (which obviously they are not). Also it is adding roman numerals after the page numbers! But that is easily fixable by deleting after generation.

Any ideas? I have tried saving as a new file, saving as IDMD, I have tried changing the names of the relevant styles, I have tried getting rid of the old styles in the ToC dialogue box and choosing them again. Nothing has worked. As an experiment I tried adding a new chapter title, that wasn't reflected in the updated or newly generated ToC either.

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Just fixed it. I changed the entry style in the ToC dialogue box and made this the new default ToC style. Don't know why that should have worked, but never mind, it worked!

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I believe it will be hard to help without more information.

Maybe you could send screenshots of TOC options ("Include Book Documents" is selected, right??)

Also, make sure that "Automatically Update Page & Section Numbers" is ON in the  "Book Page Numbering Options".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just fixed it. I changed the entry style in the ToC dialogue box and made this the new default ToC style. Don't know why that should have worked, but never mind, it worked!

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines