• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC crashing computer with adjustment brush

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 and there was an update yesterday. I have been trying to edit photos and getting a complete computer crash when I am using the adjustment brush. It doesn't happen with every photo, and sometimes I can do the brush on a few photos but then I get a blue screen with a message that something went wrong and Windows has to shut down. A percentage counts up and then the computer goes black and starts up again. Then I have to shut it down properly before I can use everything. Is anyone else having this issue? I thought perhaps an update might be necessary, so I went to LR updates on my help panel, and an update was apparently needed. Adobe CC started up and got to 90% but then got stuck. I restarted the computer and tried again. Now a blue circle is just going around and around for the update in the Adobe CC popup. This would be frustrating anyway, but I have a deadline tomorrow so it's especially so. Suggestions? (I have Lightroom version: CC 2015.6.1 [ 1083169 ] if that helps)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Hello. I also had similar problem. Disabling the graphics processor has resolved. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi caneelc,

Please check is there any windows update pending also, you may turn off the graphics processor from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps.

Open Lightroom > Edit menu > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No windows updates pending - it updated the day before, but I checked to be sure and it says none are available. I also did disable my firewall and antivirus etc. when I was attempting the LR update.

I will try turning off the graphics processor. Is this a temporary fix? Not sure how the graphics processor affects how images look in editing? (I'm on a calibrated monitor, want to make sure that won't affect it?)

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you have one of the new high resolution 4K monitors it's unlikely you will be able to see any difference at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window shutting down is caused by either a bad/corrupted/out-of-date video driver, or a hardware malfunction. If you're getting this while brushing, it is a distinct possibility that your CPU is overheating, possibly because of a fan malfunctioning. In any event, you need to re-install the latest video driver and you need to run diagnostic tools on your hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran diagnostics and didn't find anything, but also checked out my drivers on several things and they are saying up to date - however, I think I may have figured it out. I think it's the Wacom tablet/pen driver. The pen started acting up and so I opened my Wacom desktop center and it's saying no device is installed. I've tried shutting down and restarting to see if that will make it show up, but nothing so far. It's reading in my control panel and services.exe panel, so I'm not sure what's going on. I did just do a Wacom driver update a week or two ago, but obviously something is going on since the new Windows update. I'll probably end up having to uninstall and try reinstalling that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. I also had similar problem. Disabling the graphics processor has resolved. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into exactly the same problem with my Win 10 crashing (blue screen and all) after opening the Local Adjustment brush in LR. Did you managed to find the cause? I also had a recent Windows update, don't know if it's related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I tried everything including uninstalling my tablet and reinstalling. I updated LR to the most recent. It still happened. It didn't happen with using the tablet touchpad with fingers in brush mode, but happened every time I used the pen in brush mode. There have been a couple of tablet updates since then, but I've been too scared to try the pen again so I've been using the brush in touchpad mode with my fingers, which is much more tedious, but I at least haven't had the sudden blue screen and crash again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines