• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to combine two videos and output as stereo 3D?

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I raised a query about editing Over/Under stereoscopic video in After Effects. I'm trying a different approach - I have been able to work out how to separately generate the left eye and right eye videos as renders in MP4. This allows me to import the left eye view and edit it, then separately import the right eye view and edit that.

Challenges notwithstanding (how to be consistent in editing the two files), what do I do in After Effects to combine the left eye video and right eye video and export as a stereoscopic 3D video (not anaglyph, but over and under footage)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Effects --> Perspective --> 3D glasses. There also was a "Create Stereo comp" in the composition menu somewhere.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a bunch of scripts out there that can assist arranging your comps. Was all the rage when Stereo 3D wass all the rage. Also check out AE's own Stereo effect. Can't remember, but I think it supports at least Interlaced and side-by-side. The rest of the magic happens on playback, anyway.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium. Where do I find the Stereo effect and how do I launch that? Do I need to create a new comp? Sorry,a newbie to AE still!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effects --> Perspective --> 3D glasses. There also was a "Create Stereo comp" in the composition menu somewhere.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mylenium, that's genius! Thanks so much - using the 3D Glasses effect settings I was able to pull in the LEFT EYE and RIGHT EYE as the left and right components and then specify the output as Over Under -  the generated lossless AVI is massive, but exactly what I was after; I can compress that back to MP4 and this unlocks my ability to deliver mind-blowing effects and animation to immersive 3D video just as I had dreamed.

Thanks so much for your time and help - exactly what these forums are for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines