• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Triangles in Upper Corners of clip have disappeared

Contributor ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Normally in PPCC white triangles in the upper corners of a clip in the timeline appear to let you know that your clip is stretched to the beginning or end. Unfortunately w/ latest version of Premiere (downloaded May 17) seems the END triangles in some audio clips are not appearing. Bug? Something crazy I'm doing wrong? The vid here shows that a particular clip is stretched as far as it can go, but there's no upper right end triangle.

Any clues?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, looks like a bug. I was able to reproduce it on my system. What's interesting is that if I duplicate the media file in the OS and then import the duplicated/renamed file into Premiere it shows the correct right-handle - so same exact file just different name. If I then move the duplicated file to a different directory and change its name back to the original file and import then Premiere again shows the correct right-handle. So it appears to be a bug where Premiere has some internal metadata associated with a specific file (path+filename).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found something else: Seems when I change the display to "Display Audio Units" and turned off Snapping, I was able to extend it further. So in fact, it wasn't at the end of the audio clip and now they show up.

Seems there's a bug somewhere... maybe both our resolutions have something to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also found this bug.  It is frustrating, because I like to look at my timeline and quickly know if the full sequence is there. In other words, I would like to know if I have accidentally chopped the end of the sequence.  Anyway, I found that if I create a new sequence from scratch, copy the contents of the old one and paste into the new one, and paste the new sequence into the parent timeline, then both triangles are there.

I seem to be able to recreate the bug.  Suppose I have a child sequence and I nest it iin a parent sequence.   Now suppose I edit the child sequence and the child sequence becomes shorter in length.   In the parent sequence, you will now see diagonal bars were the child sequence has effectively vanished.   You can shorten the child sequence in the parent sequence, and get rid of those bars, and in principle the right hand corner triangle should reappear, but it doesn't, and it never will.  Even if you delete the child sequence and paste it in again, the right triangle is gone for good.   At this point, you have to create a new sequence from scratch, and paste the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines