• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FindChangeByList Script Error Message

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run the FindChangeByList script included with InDesignCS6, I receive the following error message:

Script Error Message.png

Here is the .txt file I use with the script:

text{findWhat:”$4.99”}{changeTo:”$10.99”}{includeFootnotes:true, includeMasterPages:true, includeHiddenLayers:true, wholeWord:false}Find $4.99 to $10.99.

Once this small test works, I will be creating a .txt file with multiple price changes. Does anyone have an idea why this example .txt file doesn't work with the FindChangeByList script?

I'm not a script writer, so thanks in advance for any help with my issue!

Mike

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm on a Mac and when I edit the .txt file in Excel, then Save As a tab delimited .txt file, the script gives me the error message. When I open the .txt file in MSWord, make edits, then Save As a tab delimited .txt file, the script works with no error message. My question: my price list comes to me as a Excel document. How can I save it from Excel to avoid the script error like MSWord? Excel must be inserting invisibles on Save As. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines