• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop cc 2015 move tool + right click over image = broken

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2015 move tool + right click over image = list every layer in the image but doesn't select the item you hover over like it used to do in every previous version of Photoshop.Please assist. I'm trying to select the fire in the boom folder. It should be at the top of the list after I hover over the fire image with the move tool + right click. It's not working. I have been able to do this since CS2. Is there a workaround, fix or patch in CC 2015?

Screenshot 2017-05-17 14.40.12.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

You need to check auto select layer in the upper left

corner... Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 3.14.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to check auto select layer in the upper left

corner... Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 3.14.16 PM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Melissa. I tried auto select before I posted the original issue and it did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Melissa. It worked:

Auto Select + Right Click over item you want to select then + Left Click to select the item. Works fine. The list is irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you move over from mac to windows recently?

As far as i know, only mac versions of photoshop do what your describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for responding R_Kelly. I have always been able to do this in earlier versions of Photoshop on my PC. It is definitely a CC 2015 issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the mac side the Layer is actually highlighted on the list when right clicking with the move tool, but your right on both windows and mac the layer should be listed at or near the top of the list, depending on whether the layer is in a layer group(s) or not.

Is your photoshop 2015 updated to version 2015.1.2

In photoshop Help>System Info and the top line is the version.

Have you tried resetting the photoshop cc 2015 preferences by going to Edit>Preferences>General, clicking on Reset Preferences On Quit and then restsrting photoshop?

Have you tried different files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks R_Kelly. Photoshop is current. Auto Select works fine. I was looking for the selected item to be highlighted in the list. That was the way it worked in previous versions.

Auto Select + Right Click over item you want to select then + Left Click to select the item. Works fine. The list is irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Keith,

DId you ever sort this out, I know exactly what you mean, this was the ghetto auto selct from previous versions. Seems this basic stylus right click workflow has been killed? I just want to select the layer or group via right click and that selection to be mirrored in the layers panel. Since CC17 nothing happens 50% of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines