• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export .aecap

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to create a live text template. The most current AE documentation I can find says I should be able to go to file>export> and there should be a template option, as there was on the last project I used this on two weeks ago. Now I don't have that option. Have they changed how to create a template comp AGAIN?

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 3.39.19 PM (2).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Have they changed how to create a template comp AGAIN?

Yes Christina. a very short cycle for a very useful feature. no aecap anymore unfortunately.

Re: Missing option "Export Composition as Text Template"

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they changed how to create a template comp AGAIN?

Yes Christina. a very short cycle for a very useful feature. no aecap anymore unfortunately.

Re: Missing option "Export Composition as Text Template"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uggg...So since the documentation doesn't seem to be properly updated - is there a workflow to use the graphics I've created in AE with easing etc... in Premiere OTHER than just making a dozen AE comps and updating them individually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only advantage to my understanding of aecap file vs just importing your aep/comp to premiere is that the aecap contains all the media too. with Aep/comp you can create one comp or many and they will be updated in premiere once you change something in Ae. I find no need to export aecap other than to send an editor in another workstation a single comp/template in one file without the need to supply in addition the aep and the media separately. do you find another reason to go aecap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My most recent usecase forive type was a training series with 30+ vids (for the first section) with over a hundred lower thirds graphics. importing one  graphics template and being able to duplicate it a hundred times while maintaining the ability to adjust the original in AE and have it affext all the graphics in premiere was huge.

I watched the Adobe vid on how to use the essential graphics menu in AE. That should give me the same functionality- however with the old templates text could be precomped and they can't now. We have a ton of existing graphics packages we've bought over the years for corporate work that pretty much all use pre-comps and will need to be re-tooled to be usable with "essential graphics."

But I do  like the way that when built for the essential graphics workflow you can change more than just the text, you can change font size color etc... I was regularly having to make two or three versions of my templates to accommodate wordier titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
importing one  graphics template and being able to duplicate it a hundred times while maintaining the ability to adjust the original in AE and have it affext all the graphics in premiere was huge.

you can still have that.

aecap files are live text capsules which are exported and are not (supposed to be) editable by After Effects after the fact*. the advantage for aecap is:

1. with .aecap file format, Live Text Templates can be used without requiring an After Effects license. meaning you only need to have it installed on your machine, even on trial mode.

2. the whole media is in that aecap file. if you have media that is not native Ae layers, you don't have to keep the media file structure.

3. it's one file for the whole template. when you import the file in Premiere, you don't need to navigate through the project in the dynamic link import window and find the composition you want. with aecap, it will give you an option only for the master composition.

*it says in the help files: "After exporting the .aecap file, you cannot edit it in After Effects" but this is not entirely true. you can use file->open in Ae and change the filetype to *.* all files and open the aecap, change it,  save it and it will of course update it premiere but I wouldn't recommend it though, the behavior is different from a regular aep file. maybe some other consequences for this hack I am not aware of too.

however with the old templates text could be precomped and they can't now.

you can still use the live text templates as ae composition in aep file and import them to premiere as regular aep files, navigate to the composition you want, and use that as your graphic layer. text precomps will be respected and the workflow for working in premiere is the same (duplicating to create a unique instance while retaining the animation)

But I do  like the way that when built for the essential graphics workflow you can change more than just the text, you can change font size color etc... I was regularly having to make two or three versions of my templates to accommodate wordier titles.

I would not get too excited. there is a big weakness to the new motion graphic templates. you should read this carefully: and make sure that they are suitable for your workflow at their current state.

If text could still be in a pre-comp I'd be totally happy with the new workflow.

it can but it works in a different way. in live text template the text layers can be read by the template (also if they are in a precomp) and only them. in motion graphic templates you link your timeline properties to property controllers in the essential graphics panel. you can link a source text from a precomp to a property controller in the master comp and when you import it to premiere, you will see it in the essential graphics panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If text could still be in a pre-comp I'd be totally happy with the new workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines