• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Windows lrcat won't open on Mac LR cc

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to import a lrcat catalog from old LR files (2006-2013).  The Mac and LR found the external drive and the files, but when I tried to import the catalog with these files, LR said they were on a network or external drive and could not create a catalog.  I can open individual files on the Mac.

What do I need to do.  I have an old PC I can open them with, but what a hassle that would be.  I would have to reassemble the PC...and it is running Vista...'nuff said.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is because the external drive is formatted for windows (probably NTFS) and the Mac CAN NOT write to the external drive without additional software such as this. 

Read/write access to NTFS in macOS Sierra - Paragon NTFS for Mac® 14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the old Ext. HD is Windows.  Can you expand on the solution once I download the Paragon SW?  Will the Mac seamlessly read the NTFS formatted drive with Paragon installed, or will additional steps need to be taken?  I agree you are on the right track for the solution.   Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines